Vocal Health and wellbeing are critical to the success of anyone using their voice to make a living. So, to support strong and lasting vocal health, VO Atlanta has assembled an amazing team of resource providers to train and educate conference attendees on how to strengthen and maintain their voices. A lot of emphasis has been placed on making sure the resources offered are of the highest quality which is why VO Atlanta has selected highly respected and credentialed individuals to represent this part of the conference. Voiceover training can be challenging and place unusual demands on the voice. Having access to relevant information can make the difference in a voiceover career that last for months instead of years. In addition to the many other programs offered as part of the VO Atlanta program.
The vocal support team includes:
• Monique Sacay-Bagwell, tenured faculty in the area of performance-related arts in the Department of Mass Communication and Media Studies at Lander University.
• Mandy Fox, Associate Professor and the Voice Specialist for the Department of Theatre at Ohio State University.
• Dr. Adam Klien, Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Emory University School of Medicine
• Susan Schuld, professor of Voice, Speech, and Accents/Dialects for the Department of Theatre and Dance and the University of Florida
• D’Arcy Smith, Professor of Acting at University of Cincinnati
The Group also includes vocal wellness support training from Karen-Eileen Gordon.
Vocal health is important to everyone, but it’s especially important to anyone who uses their voice for business. It’s a tool that needs to be cared for and when needed, nursed back to health. The team put together at VO Atlanta is like nothing else available to voice actors and it’s something we’re excited to offer.
Look for a lot more details to come soon about this amazing group and the vast amount of resources they will be sharing at the conference March 26-29, 2020.
This is the VO Atlanta Difference!