VOA20 Presenter Call for Speakers
VO Atlanta 2020 Conference Call for Speakers
Conference Dates: March 26-29, 2020
Hilton Atlanta Airport 1031 Virginia Avenue Atlanta, GA 30354
VO Atlanta expects to attract attendees from more than 18 countries and 40 states here in the U.S. Our presenters speak to a global audience. Conference attendees are actively looking to advance their businesses and careers through interaction with top coaches and fellow professionals. While hundreds attend the event, our marketing materials have a reach in the thousands, putting your name and organization out to a global community as a chosen expert at the largest gathering of industry professionals in the world.
Attendees at past conferences have rated most highly those sessions that are relevant, cover emerging issues, are interactive, and that provide new information or skills they can use immediately. To submit an abstract, please fill out the form below.
You may submit up to four sessions.
PLEASE READ ALL of the sections below. If you have specific questions that are not answered below, email email@example.com for additional support.
Tips for making your abstract shine
- Descriptive and edgy titles are best. Bonus points for references to the conference theme of “ENVISION”.
- Make sure your abstract description contains enough detail, so we know what you’re going to talk about. If adjustments are needed later, we will have the opportunity to fix it.
- Be true to your track area. If you’re submitting as part of ‘Animation’ your submission should speak to, and focus on ‘Animation’
- Be passionate, and enthusiastic, about your chosen topic.
- Feel free to submit up to 4 abstracts. We have to maintain an overall balance across all of the tracks and their topics.
- Consider how your presentation is relevant to today’s marketplace.
- Consider what discussions could be sparked by your presentation. VO Atlanta is all about learning, making connections, and discussing ideas; consider what people will talk about after your presentation.
- Explain what benefit your presentation will bring to the attendees.
- Tell a great story.
- Show real-world examples, especially your own experiences, to support your presentation.
- Make sure you can meet your session time limit.
- Please invite the audience to discuss your talk with you face to face rather than just at the end.
- When describing your ‘Take-Aways’, be sure to use action words like “Learn, Explore, Access, Discover, etc…”
- Use your presentation to specifically promote the superiority of method or another over all others. Instead, talk about the pros and cons of various techniques and invite the audience to share their own experiences related to your discussion.
- See your presentation as a platform to market your company or product.
- Use your platform to demean, undermine, or otherwise put-down others. It’s unprofessional and only serves to diminish your standing.
- Include unnecessary elements in your presentation that will distract from your content.
VO Atlanta offers three types of sessions. You are able to submit for two of these types using this form; Breakouts and X-Session/Workshops.
Breakout Sessions are the most common form of session at VO Atlanta. Each session lasts one-hour and is meant to educate, engage, and encourage attendees. These sessions range in size from around 40 people to well over 400, if you’re on the Main Stage.
X-Session/Workshops represent our ‘small group’ training sessions and are intended to provide an opportunity for attendees to receive focused training from some of the best resources in the business. These sessions are limited to just 12 attendees and last 3-hours. (NOTE: These sessions must include actual teaching and not simply ‘on-mic’ sessions lasting 3-hours.)
VO Atlanta is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants, including presenters, panelist, or staff, violating these rules may be expelled from the conference without a refund, or compensation at the discretion of the conference organizers. More details in the VO Atlanta Code of Conduct.
Speaker Selection Information
Selecting the best speakers for VO Atlanta is a long and difficult process, as we receive many inspiring abstracts from highly qualified people. We strive for a good mix of speakers, and we want to encourage everyone to submit a proposal.
After the submission deadline, the VO Atlanta speaker submissions review board together with a few other people we trust will review all of the proposals, and select the ones that we think will make the most interesting mix at the conference. We aim to have all speakers confirmed by September 15th, 2019.
The "Main Stage" Opportunity
Starting in 2019, we introduced our “Main Stage” which combines two ballroom sections to allow for up to 400 attendees. Presenters are selected to present on the “Main Stage” based on how many attendees have added their session to their schedule using the conference app.
Why do we do this?
It’s pretty simple. We have a limited amount of space and need to put the right size groups in the right size rooms. Because of this, you may be a very well known presenter with an amazing presentation and still not present on the main stage. It’s not because you aren’t the best thing since sliced bread, it’s just that you didn’t have enough schedule-votes to win that time slot.
Why do you want to be on the Main Stage anyway?
The “Main Stage” is where you get to shine. As a speaker on the main stage, your session is streamed LIVE to viewers around the world. In addition, you are highlighted on our digital signage and advertising around the conference. It’s a pretty big deal.
How do I get chosen?
You start with submitting an amazing abstract that wins over the reviewers and lets us know you’re an awesome presenter that will add a lot of value to our attendees. If you’re selected as a presenter, you market and promote your participation at the conference everywhere you can to get registered attendees excited about giving you their schedule-vote. It’s really that easy.
If you’re selected as a speaker
All speakers get a free registration to attend VO Atlanta ($595 Value). Eligible presenters receive travel related expenses and room accommodations along with a conference honorarium based on the number of hours they are scheduled to present at the conference. “Peer Presenters” present for one hour and receive a conference registration only.
Please remember this is a community conference. Our goal is to support and educate a great community while having a good time.
With that said, we’d love to see a proposal from you! What are you waiting for? Submit your abstract now!